"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Those Who Would Disagree
- Jefferson, Thomas. Letter to William Stephens Smith. 13 Nov. 1787. MS. N.p
- Reichsgesetzblatt 7 Aug. 1920, No. 169, Part I, §2
- Frick, Minister of the Interior, Regulations Against Jews’ Possession of Weapons. 11 Nov. 1938
- Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol 17 No. 3, 483-535 (2000)
- Dikötter, Frank. Mao’s Great Famine: The History of China’s Most Devastating Catastrophe, 1958–62. Walker & Company, 2010. p. 333.
- Zedong Mao, Stuart R. Schram. Mao’s Road to Power – Revolutionary Writings 1912-1949: Volume IV, The Rise and Fall of the Chinese Soviet republic 1931-1934
- Twitchett, Denis; John K. Fairbank; Roderick MacFarquhar (June 26, 1987). The Cambridge history of China. Cambridge University Press.
- Zedong Mao. Problems of War and Strategy (Nov 6, 1938), selected Works, Vol. II, p224.